Well, it's been a while. And I have no idea where to start. I can honestly say this has been the craziest year of my life. When I got back from Europe last summer, I had no idea what this year would hold.
Summary:
August--I got a job at the International Center at MC teaching the intermediate novel class. I also started my senior year/final semester at MC.
September--Seth asked me to marry him (9/10). I said yes.
October--I planned MC's Homecoming. Fun stuff.
December--I graduated MC. I also got a job as an adjunct professor at MC in the IEP.
January-February--Filled with lots of wedding showers, wedding planning, working, and craziness.
March--Seth and I got married March 3 at Provine Chapel in Clinton, MS. We went on a cruise/road trip for our honeymoon. It was quite an adventure. Over the course of two weeks, we went to New
Orleans, Belize, Honduras, Mexico, Nashville, Gatlinburg, Asheville, Atlanta, and ended in Jackson. It was so fun. Married life is the best.
April-May--Just working and settling in to married life. We currently live in Clinton on MC's campus. God is continuing to bless us greatly with wonderful family and friends.
I feel like everything I can say about this year is an understatement. I have been tremendously blessed.
This summer has great things in store. Many adventures have been had and are ahead.
May 5-8: I got to go to the beach with some really fun people (Marianna, Leslie, and Helen). We had fun girl time. The best part was that we left after they had graduation and finished the festivities. So we left at 8:30 pm and arrived in Destin around 2-3 AM. It was quite fun. Everything is funny after midnight.
May 18-24: I got to go to the beach again with my friend Kenzie and her family. It was her brother's senior trip. We went to Panama City Beach. We had a lot of fun playing goofy golf, figuring out a metal detector, and watching the Bachelor.
June 1-6: My mom and I went to Savannah, Georgia. We ate a lot of great Southern food. We took a day trip to Charleston and Hilton Head, which was very fun. It was good to have some time just the two of us.
Now...(drum roll)....here's is what you can expect from the rest of the summer (which I will actually blog from)
June 30-July 7----- MUMBAI, INDIA.
Seth and I are going to India with our church, Pinelake. We are beyond excited. God has perfectly knit our team together for His plan. There are six of us, Seth, me, Joyce (the leader), Darrell, Stephen, and Boo. We are all so different and God has equipped in that way. I'll be posting more as this exciting time nears.
July 31-August 8--- PARIS, FRANCE.
That's right. Paris. My favorite place on earth. Kelly, my traveling buddy from last summer, and I are going for a week. We have a plane ticket and place to stay. And I'm pretty sure that's all we'll plan. We are going to be real Parisians--coffee in cafes, art museums for hours, etc. My dream. Ah...
Sorry for the long post. I'll keep you posted on any news! Thanks for reading this if you haven't given up hope on my blog.
Yay! I loved reading your blog last year and I am so glad you are back. :)
ReplyDelete