I just finished a post of "updates", but I feel G has put something on my heart to share, and it needs special attention.
Truth #1: The Lord has been so faithful in providing our needs as they arise. We decided we were going to say yes to G's call for us to move to Africa, He provided an instant family of support. We began to do logistics, someone donated us a car. We began to fundraise, and loved ones and strangers began sacrificing and pouring out love like I never could have imagined. He continues to amaze me every day. Yet, I find myself countless times in a day (sometimes countless times in an hour) worrying about "stuff". Petty things like suitcase weight, buying a bed, grocery shopping, and so many other tiny things. The third world is going to rock my sheltered one. Mark my words.
Truth #2: It is hard to admit that I have a worry problem. I feel like that is one of the most "acceptable sins". I even compare my sin of worrying to how much other people worry, and I think "gee, I'm not that bad yet". But it's equally sinful to worry over a little than over much. Every time I give into worry, I am taking control away from G and thinking I can handle it.
Truth #3: I am learning my lesson. I am accepting He is in control and is the ultimate provider. In that, He provides in His timing, not mine. Here we are 2 weeks out of BF, and we may have a place to live. And that's 2 weeks early. I am embarrassed to admit how much I have thought about the where and not the what. I have spent time preparing logistics instead of preparing my heart.
The Lord teaches us in His word in Matthew 6:25-34:
Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life ? "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.I highlighted some words not because they are the most important, but because they really stick out to me. I was not called to ministry to spend my time questioning and doubting and worrying. I was called to glorify Him and make disciples, and I know that making room for sin interferes with that call.
Worry is not an "acceptable sin". No sin is acceptable, but as a believer, I rejoice in knowing that my sins are forgiven because of Jesus. I am called to glorify Him, and sin has no place in that. Let go and let God, my friends. Fervently seek God, and He will provide.
No comments:
Post a Comment