- We moved into our house last Sunday. Mission accomplished. It still has a way to go, but we decided to go ahead and make the move (haha...). We got fans and outside lights installed yesterday. Our "garden" is now more manageable. We also got a water filter. I think we are all set. I think now all we are waiting on is a plumber, and we've been waiting on him for a while.
- Last week, we had several meetings/fellowships in getting prepared for upcoming youth events. We met with the student leaders in the youth. They are an awesome group. So excited to spend lots of time of with them!
- Our friends have returned from South Africa. So happy to have them back! Yesterday, they took me to buy cloth and to the tailor so I can have an African dress made for church. I'll post pictures in 2-3 weeks when it is finished! I am so blessed to have such great friends here!
- Seth and I have attended a few local churches. Each one is so unique and offers a lot of ways to be involved. Please pray that the Lord will lead us to a body where He can use us!
- School starts tomorrow for some of our youth. It is a special feeling when they express their excitement about youth group in saying "I'm only excited about school starting because youth group starts." What a blessing to have such an excited group of students! Our first planning meeting is Wednesday with the student leaders (LLAMA as they are called) and our first night of WIRED is Thursday. Please keep our ministry in your prayers as we continue to meet students and their families!
- Seth and I have been invited to participate in TOMS shoe drop this Saturday in one of the nearby orphanages (about 2 hours from Ouaga). Hoping we get to go and share this special experience! God has continued to bless us with opportunities!
- Language training is going well. This week, we will have class 2 days a week instead of 3. We are kinda excited about the change. After 6 weeks of language training in Paris and 2 weeks here, we are looking forward to being more relaxed with our language study. Also positive, Seth heard from his seminary that he can receive a few credit hours for language and mission work. What a blessing!
Not too much to update. Life is BF moves quite slow. There hasn't been too much excitement. Thanks for continuing to pray and support us! Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment