We had a few weeks on this end of this summer to spend with friends in the Jackson area. Some fun times included watching movies on end with Whitney on a Saturday afternoon, going for rides with Reagan, and Bachelorette nights with Kenzie. It's the moments where I was reminded that even though time passes, true friendship stays the same. I love the moments where I feel like friendships pick up like there was no absence. At the end of July, we got to go to the Neshoba County Fair. If you know me, you know I love the fair. It was one of the best ever. Besides not having rain (Hallelujah!) the whole week and lows in the 60s, there was so much fun had. Getting to spend lots of time with fair friends was the best. We did it all--the chair races, flea market, concerts, and fair food. This was my first year to take some responsibility in the kitchen and I got to make dinner a few nights. One night, I made African food (brochettes, riz gras, and allocos). It was a hit!
After the fair, my family took a trip to Lake Hamilton near Hot Springs, AR. We had a blast tubing on the lake, getting family pictures made, playing Dominion and Mexican Train, and swimming. I loved every minute of it--even when my phone accidentally fell in the lake. Oops, life happens!
I ended the summer with a solo trip to Destin to get one last beach day in, make a big Sam's Club run, spend some time with Birdie, and of course spend some QT with my parents. It was a really wonderful time. Also, my mom made the best chicken and dumplings I've ever had. AND gave me the recipe. We went to Sam's with the intention of buying some food to bring back to BF. Some of our spoils include: 2 1 lb. bags of bacon bits, 6 lbs of bacon, 2 lbs of shredded cheese, and 3 lbs of Reeses Puffs. We also picked up a Chickfila tray on the way back to freeze and bring back. It was a really productive day!
We enjoyed this summer immensely. It was so great to see everyone--words can't describe. Thanks to everyone who made our stateside experience wonderful!
No comments:
Post a Comment