Monday, April 27, 2015

English for Everyone End of the Year Party

...And that's a wrap! I ended my last English for Everyone semester April 14th with 17 students (15 got certificates, 2 got an attestations, 3 are not pictured). On the last night of class, we like throw a party for students with food, games, and awards. 
Pictured L to R bottom row: Idrissa, Nanema, Roase, Aycha, Eliane, Leonel, Lydia, and Kouanda
                          top row: Zakaria, Bechir, Arnaud, Ruth, Jeanne d'Arc, me!, and Anin
They were quite a talkative bunch! They loved practicing conversations and doing skits. I learned quickly not to play team games as they are possibly the most competitive class I have ever had. Charades was like competing for Olympics, and Pictionary was like win or die. It is neat seeing their different personalities come out and how different they are. I must also say that overall they had the best English of any class I have ever taught, so they really made teaching fun and my job fairly easy!


Awards! We have 24 classes in the semester. Students must come to at least 19 classes to receive a certificate (if not, they receive an attestation). I had 2 students with perfect attendance and 4 students with 100% homework. Pretty impressive. Arnaud (pictured above) had perfect attendance, 100% homework turned in, and showed great improvement. It is amazing the improvement that can be made when students do homework, come to class, and work hard!?
My sweet Mrs. Rose. This lady is a doctor in Ouaga and has delivered hundreds of babies. She also applied for a job with the US Peace Corps this semester. She is a Christian, and she reminded us every week to pray for her job application. She received word the last week of class that she received the job and gave all the glory to God. She is a remarkable woman, and I am so glad I got to be her teacher!
Class 6B with Joanne
This precious family! Leonel (Class 5B/my class) and his wife (Class 6B) worked so hard all semester. Leonel actually invited me to his church one Sunday. It was a great experience! He works with the youth group at his church, so he wanted me to see how they run things. The church had over 5,000 people!!! He was a solid opinion during Bible discussions. So glad they got to take part in our ministry this year!
Class 4B with Jocelyne

No comments:

Post a Comment