Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Beginnings

Still at the very beginnings of planning, but I've been working on a few things.
Basically, here's the plan (today). We leave May 22nd and return July 6th. That may seem like a long time, but we have class May 30th to June 24th. So, that gives us a little less than a week before, and we have 12 days after.
We are arriving in Paris on the 23rd (really early in the morning). About three of us are planning to go to London the 24th through the 27th. You'll never have enough time in London. My family (parents and I) and my boyfriend went for spring break, and it is my favorite place in the world. Because that is happening first (and I can plan it all in English), that is the current project. I have purchased my plane ticket (easyjet.com) and my bus ticket (easybus.com) for oober cheap. I was going to take the train, but the plane/bus was 30 euros cheaper. I like saving money. We are taking the train back though. We (Madeline and I) have bought that non-refundable (eek) ticket. I've been trying to find a hotel (on a budget, but in a safe place with hot water...I don't ask for much), but I am not having much luck. The "Chelsea Flower Show" is that week, so everything is full or getting there. London is really the only part of the trip I have put money down for, so it feels like it's gonna happen. I just have a craving for clotted cream and scones. And hearing English spoken the way it should be. And drinking tea in a field of daffodils. Even if these things don't happen, I'll enjoy being in Shakespeare's city where Wordsworth found beauty and Chaucer rests in peace.

Next on the planning schedule = Nice, France for a weekend with Madeline. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, for your blog, Southern Girl! I am going to follow your adventures! :-)

    ReplyDelete