I am updating from our apartment in Clinton. So good to be home. I'm going to pick up where I left off...
We had lunch at the retreat and took pictures with the guys. After this post, I will post some pictures. We had "tourist day" on Friday. We went to South Mumbai, which is a really nice area. We went to the Gateway to India, a commemoration of the Queen coming in 1911. We also went in the Taj Mahal Hotel, their version of the Plaza in New York. It was beautiful, and it had a free bathroom :-) We spent about an hour at the market, shopping for souvenirs and last minute things. They also had a McDonald ice cream stand, so I definitely paid it a visit. We got to bargain with the vendors, which always intimidates me. This is how it went: "How much?" (states price) "Oh. Hey, Seth, he wants 500 rupees. What do you think?" Then I would let Seth do his work. I got a few kirtas, some magnets, and some things for family. After the market, we began our drive back to our side of Mumbai. We spent some 3 hours in traffic. Bringing our daily total of hours in the car to somewhere around 6. It was wild. We ran out of time for dinner, so we went to Debby's house and David brought food. We had quite the spread---pepperoni pizza, supreme pizza, chicken tenders, and quesadillas. It was all so good. In fact, too good. We all ate too much and felt sick.
Some of us took showers and then headed to the airport. We got stuck in traffic again, and we were late getting to the airport. We went through customs, security, and check-in as quickly as possible. And we made it just in time to board. Shoo.
Our team kinda started falling apart on the way home. Poor Boo couldn't sleep. Stephen and Seth got so so so sick. They must have gotten a virus or eaten something weird. But, we made it. All of our flights were on time and our luggage was with us the whole time. What a blessing.
We got to Jackson at 3:11 yesterday afternoon, 1:45 AM Mumbai time. So we were super sleepy. I was welcomed by my parents, niece Olivia, and nephew Nick. It was so sweet to see them. I am bias, but they are the cutest kids ever. My mom had made us comfort food to take home with us. She is wonderful beyond words. She knows my heart. I fell asleep at 4:30 yesterday afternoon (during Lost season 6). I woke up at 11 pm, ready to go. But, I took some NyQuil to sleep some more (something very out of my usual). I woke up at 6 this morning with a headache from sleeping so long. My stomach still hurts, and Seth isn't feeling good yet. But, we just need some time.
Thank you all for staying with me during this trip. Our team was blessed to have prayer warriors during our time there. I'm still trying to decompress and process, which usually takes me a while. I'll post some pictures!
We had lunch at the retreat and took pictures with the guys. After this post, I will post some pictures. We had "tourist day" on Friday. We went to South Mumbai, which is a really nice area. We went to the Gateway to India, a commemoration of the Queen coming in 1911. We also went in the Taj Mahal Hotel, their version of the Plaza in New York. It was beautiful, and it had a free bathroom :-) We spent about an hour at the market, shopping for souvenirs and last minute things. They also had a McDonald ice cream stand, so I definitely paid it a visit. We got to bargain with the vendors, which always intimidates me. This is how it went: "How much?" (states price) "Oh. Hey, Seth, he wants 500 rupees. What do you think?" Then I would let Seth do his work. I got a few kirtas, some magnets, and some things for family. After the market, we began our drive back to our side of Mumbai. We spent some 3 hours in traffic. Bringing our daily total of hours in the car to somewhere around 6. It was wild. We ran out of time for dinner, so we went to Debby's house and David brought food. We had quite the spread---pepperoni pizza, supreme pizza, chicken tenders, and quesadillas. It was all so good. In fact, too good. We all ate too much and felt sick.
Some of us took showers and then headed to the airport. We got stuck in traffic again, and we were late getting to the airport. We went through customs, security, and check-in as quickly as possible. And we made it just in time to board. Shoo.
Our team kinda started falling apart on the way home. Poor Boo couldn't sleep. Stephen and Seth got so so so sick. They must have gotten a virus or eaten something weird. But, we made it. All of our flights were on time and our luggage was with us the whole time. What a blessing.
We got to Jackson at 3:11 yesterday afternoon, 1:45 AM Mumbai time. So we were super sleepy. I was welcomed by my parents, niece Olivia, and nephew Nick. It was so sweet to see them. I am bias, but they are the cutest kids ever. My mom had made us comfort food to take home with us. She is wonderful beyond words. She knows my heart. I fell asleep at 4:30 yesterday afternoon (during Lost season 6). I woke up at 11 pm, ready to go. But, I took some NyQuil to sleep some more (something very out of my usual). I woke up at 6 this morning with a headache from sleeping so long. My stomach still hurts, and Seth isn't feeling good yet. But, we just need some time.
Thank you all for staying with me during this trip. Our team was blessed to have prayer warriors during our time there. I'm still trying to decompress and process, which usually takes me a while. I'll post some pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment