Monday, July 30, 2012

Pre-Paris

I'm leaving for Paris in 11 hours. And I cannot put into words how excited I am.
This past week has been a blast. It has been filled with lesson planning for the upcoming school year, cleaning house, and getting ready for our trip. But most importantly, I have been at the FAIR. THE FAIR.
Seth and I got to spend the weekend at one of my favorite places--the Neshoba County Fair, Mississippi's Giant Houseparty. It's a party. We spent the weekend playing card games, sitting on the porch, sipping lemonade, and visiting with friends. One of my favorite things about the fair is getting to see friends I only see once a year. I had to leave early this year (for Paris), so I didn't get to see some of those friends and only saw others for a few minutes. But, I definitely think we made the most of our time there. One of my favorite things is fair food, and last night we had fried oreos. One of the best things.
Tomorrow, my friend Kelly and I will make our way to Paris. I am hoping for good travels. That was something that did not happen on my last trip (India), but I have plenty of clothes in my carryon as a worst case scenario.
I'm ready for art museums, hearing French, and eating crepes. This is something I have been excited about all summer. Can't wait to be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment