Friday, August 3, 2012

Giverny

Well, we stayed up until like 1 AM. The second day is always the worst of jet lag. The first day, you are running off adrenaline. But then you crash. And hard.
The second day, you haven't quite adjusted, still running at the pace, and your body is beyond confused. This was yesterday. Today is pretty much the same.
I woke up at 6:30 and got ready. By the time we were walking out the door, we were 30 minutes late. Yes, how did I wake up that early and was still late? Je ne said pas.
Today we went to Giverny. We were trying to make the 8:20 train, but missed it by 7 minutes. Between metro rush hour and leaving late and the auto machines not accepting American credit cards, we watched it leave the station. So we got the 10:20 ticket and killed time. We went to Starbucks and got coffee, which was good considering I got 5 hours of sleep. We also went in Printemps, a major French department store. We browsed, still waiting. We took the train to Vernon then the bus to Giverny.
Giverny is the home of Claude Monet. We saw his beautiful water lily pond, Jaanese garden, and amazing flower garden. I went last summer with my friend Jessica. It was fun to go again though and see different things. Kelly and I took so many pictures of flowers.
We returned to Vernon and were going to continue our journey to a medieval town called Rouen. We bought our tickets and waited. Then a train pulled up and we got on it. It was close enough to our time, so we said why not. Yeah, it the wrong no one. So we were headed back to Paris. Oh well. Then we were nervous the whole time of if the train-ticket-checker came by. These are mean dudes and I have had my share of rough experiences with them. They are very stereotypical French. But we got lucky and did not have an encounter.
When we got back to Paris, we did some window shopping and tried to walk home. But we were very lost and had no map. So we took the metro back. We are taking a siesta before going to the Louvre for the evening. It is free on Friday nights for people between 12-26. Done.
I may update again tonight. Thanks for checking on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment