Sunday, June 7, 2015

Introducing John Mark

Not many 24 year olds can boast on having 4 (count 'em up) nephews and 1 niece, but I sure can! On Friday May 29th, my sister Rachel became the cutest mom to a precious, handsome little boy John Mark. Y'all, he is THE cutest baby ever. You'll be seeing more of him on this blog, for sure. I enjoyed taking some sweet pictures, and I wanted to share. Enjoy!





Many people have said "so lucky you were back for this", and I couldn't agree more. In fact, when Rachel told us she was pregnant (the day of the coup d'etat in Burkina by the way), we rebooked our tickets so we would be back. I kept saying "I have missed nearly every wedding of my friends, babies born, and celebrations, I AM NOT MISSING THIS!" And low and behold, I didn't. In fact, I was at the hospital 10 minutes after Rachel. After my grandfather's funeral on Tuesday, I was sent by my mother to go to Arkansas to hang out with Rachel. I spent my time cooking (ah, I've missed cooking), cleaning, and doing laundry. So at 4:30am on Friday, I heard the door alarm ding and I went ahead and put my clothes on. I knew what was happening. My dad and I went to the hospital (he made a few wrong turns because he was so excited) and hung out for some 14 hours. 
John Mark was born at 2:45pm, and I got to hold this sweet baby at about 7:30pm. At about 8pm, Seth and I tried to head toward Memphis because we needed to be in Nashville the next morning. But the rain didn't want us to leave. And after living in the desert for 2 years, we don't know how to drive in rain. So we turned around and came back to Arkadelphia. But I digress...


Sweet little baby toes!

My sweet niece Olivia loved getting to hold John Mark. She is 9 years old and is looking forward to being a big cousin. She's gonna be great. When I was 11, I became an aunt. Isn't that wild?! My sister (no age specified) just became an aunt for the first time. Aunt Michele has a great ring to it!



















I am looking forward to seeing this sweet baby in July and spending some quality time with him and his momma. Love this cutie-patootie!

No comments:

Post a Comment