Bon matin!
I'm blogging in the morning. This may be a first. My computer wouldn't work last night, so here's my best shot.
Yesterday (Sunday), we went to church at La Vie Nouvelle Baptist Church. It was so fun to see old friends and get to worship with fellow brothers and sisters in Christ! When we arrived, they were singing "How Great Thou Art" in English, a song Aaron taught to them in '09. It gave me a flashback to India when our team sang it to our Indian friends. We sang a few other songs (in French) so I don't know what they were... The service was absolutely wonderful.
After church, there was a baptism and the Lord's Supper. We ate at the church and then we came back to the mission. I sure have missed rice and goat meat. Just make sure you chew it well ;-)
Last night, Seth and I got to spend some time with some Ms and it was so fantastic. We got to meet people from all over the world. We went to a baptism service for some area youth. It was so neat because each teen shared his or her testimony, chose a song, and had someone pray over them. It was very meaningful. The people here are so wonderful and encouraging.
Last night, we ate dinner at a resturant that had sand on the floor. It was pretty awesome.
I'm blogging in the morning. This may be a first. My computer wouldn't work last night, so here's my best shot.
Yesterday (Sunday), we went to church at La Vie Nouvelle Baptist Church. It was so fun to see old friends and get to worship with fellow brothers and sisters in Christ! When we arrived, they were singing "How Great Thou Art" in English, a song Aaron taught to them in '09. It gave me a flashback to India when our team sang it to our Indian friends. We sang a few other songs (in French) so I don't know what they were... The service was absolutely wonderful.
After church, there was a baptism and the Lord's Supper. We ate at the church and then we came back to the mission. I sure have missed rice and goat meat. Just make sure you chew it well ;-)
Last night, Seth and I got to spend some time with some Ms and it was so fantastic. We got to meet people from all over the world. We went to a baptism service for some area youth. It was so neat because each teen shared his or her testimony, chose a song, and had someone pray over them. It was very meaningful. The people here are so wonderful and encouraging.
Last night, we ate dinner at a resturant that had sand on the floor. It was pretty awesome.
On our way to church
Youth choir singing
Dance party at church
Baptism
Seth got instant cool points for having Pastor Ouida's iPad
With a famous Burkinabe soccer player Alain knows!
Well, I gotta go. Time to teach! Hope to talk more tonight!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment